Ep. 61: WHY ME? (2 Words that will Change Your Life) w/ Lauren Lowrey
Why did I have to deal with that pain? Why did that traumatic loss happen to me? If you've ever asked the question WHY ME?!? this episode is definitely FOR YOU.
In this latest installment of '2 Words that will Change Your Life,' host Lauren Lowrey answers the question by highlighting our uniquely human need for meaning and how -when we've found it- research shows we live longer, happier lives.
She walks you through her own steps to heal hurts and reframe the deepest of all questions [Why did this happen to -of all people- ME?!] to arrive at the answer you really seek.
Next time you ask the question WHY ME, Lauren's answer will ring clear in your mind 'because it had to BE YOU.'
💥 This episode is for you if 💥
- You're having a really hard time in a situation where it seems the deck is stacked against you.
- You've held on to bitterness around an event and it continues to hold you back
- You want healing but you aren't sure how to go about it
📺 What you'll hear in this episode📺
The episode begins with Lauren detailing a panic attack that started on TV in 2017. She explains the pain from that moment and how she felt victimized in a situation that left her asking 'Why ME?!?" Her experience with that question emerged again one year later after a life-threatening heart event in 2018 after the birth of her 2nd child. For the four years that followed, Lauren continued to ask the question 'WHY ME?!?"
- [5:00] Research around the uniquely human need for meaning. How an entirely new psycho-therapeutic theory sprung from Nazi concentration camps and what the doctor behind logotherapy behind discovered. Here's a hint: if we find meaning, we find hope; then we live longer.
- [7:37] How you 'll go about answering the question WHY ME?!? The steps you'll take to ensure you ask the right question and get the right answer
- [10:35] When you have the courage to heal pain and trauma, you put yourself right on the cusp of learning the motherload of information surrounding your purpose. It's a means to understanding the bigger picture.
- [12:21] Why it HAD TO BE you!
🔖 Chapters 🔖
0:27 - Lauren's nervous breakdown and the question, "WHY ME?!?"
2:15 - Lauren's heart event and the second time she asked, "WHY ME?!?"
3:36 - Why do this mini-series and (more specifically) this episode
5:00 - Man's theoretical search for meaning and it's impact on longevity
7:37 - How do we find the answer to "WHY ME?!?" (Heal first, then ask a different question)
9:27 - Deconstructing your pain from a 3rd person place
10:55 - How painful years led to purposeful creation in Lauren's life
12:21 - Why did that happen? Because it had to BE YOU!
🗈 Show Notes 🗈
Dr. Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning
Logotherapy (Frankl's theory, "A will to meaning")
✔️ Connect with Lauren Lowrey ✔️
On the AMPstigator website
AMPstigator on Youtube
The AMPstigator Instagram